- The English language follows the pattern of Latin Script, a writing system based on letters of Classical Latin Alphabets.
- It has majuscule(capital letters) and minuscule forms (small letters).
- Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis is considered the longest word in an English dictionary. It is a medical word for a lung disease.
- Antidisestablishmentarianism is considered the longest non-coined word, while Floccinaucinihilipilification is said to be the longest non-technical word.
- Aegilops is the longest word in alphabetical order, being two letters longer than ‘almost’, biopsy’ and ‘chintz’.
6. Twyndyllyngs (twins) is considered the longest word without a vowel, but ‘rhythm’ is more popular.
- Spoonfeed is the longest word whose letters are arranged in reverse alphabetical order.